Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I Had a Job Epiphany



A while back I read this wonderful blog post by Nina at the-littlenomad.blogspot.co.uk. It's about how our expectations about love change over time. Which probably leads you to your first question, "What does this have to do with a job?"

Simple!

On her updated list about what she wants in a man, one key point stuck out to me.
"Must have a good job he enjoys (non-negotiable)"
It got me to wondering... Why is this so important? Surely a man with any job at all would be a plus? It took me a while but I finally understood what she meant, or at least what I'm meant to take from it.

Just having a job isn't good enough. I've lived long enough to know that just having a job can get you anywhere from just plain miserable, to waking up everyday so excited just to see what you can accomplish.

Why does it matter?

It's the attitude. I'm  notorious for taking my "bad days" out on people around me. I come home in a terrible mood and almost anything sets me off. (Literally. I snapped on my brother once for trying to ask me something while the radio was on.) It's not fair to the people around me when I have a job I don't love or enjoy. It's also not fair when even now that I have a job I love my bad days always seem to destroy my attitude.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's only fair to be the type of person that I myself want in others. I've resolved myself to love my job, at all times. Even when I hate it. I'm going to do my best not to bring the bad days home with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The reason I took up blogging was to make new friends and share my stories. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...