Monday, March 17, 2014

Dear...Me

This is a letter I wrote to myself a few years ago, when I was still in college ready to take on the world. It's still very accurate today, and something I tell myself every time I leave home. 


Dear...Me
This is for future me. For the me that moves away from my family for a dream.


Dear me,
Hey dear. Right now I know it’s really hard. You’re probably staring at the screen crying your eyes out asking yourself “Why did I do this?” “This is not what I imagined.”
I’m here to tell you that you are doing this for past me, and for very future me. We have faith in you and we know it’s hard. Remember the time you moved to college all by yourself? Remember how scary it was? Think about it now. Now its some of the best memories you’ve ever had, and it would have never happened if you hadn’t taken the chance and done it alone. It’s going to be okay, and it is GOING TO BE WORTH IT. Just stick it out. Go look at puppies or get some ice cream and remember.
We love the things we know.
You are still loved and you are very brave for doing this. Hang in there and make a difference.
Love,
Me 

I did recently move away from home for a little while. It was just as hard as I thought it would be. I read this letter while I was there, and it was right... I was crying. It was right about another thing too. It was WORTH IT. 

3 comments:

  1. I hope I can turn back the fast to make changes everything in my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really hard to share my feelings .I'm so tired through it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I can turn back the fast to make changes everything in my life

    ReplyDelete

The reason I took up blogging was to make new friends and share my stories. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...