Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Easy DIY Color Pop Painting

Can I just say....I had a Pinterest Win! A lot of times we browse Pinterest, see all of the beautiful DIY crafts, and think to ourselves "I can do that!" No, unfortunately you probably can't do that. BUT! You can do this. It is in fact, pretty simple to do and takes less than a day (including drying time.)

I call this my Color Pop Painting, because in all reality that's pretty much all I use it for.


If you're interested in learning how I made this....just keep scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. 

What you will need...

  • A canvas that is the size of your choice. I think the one I used was 16" by 20".
  • Paint brushes, nothing fancy just something to get the paint on the canvas.
  • Acrylic paint, at least three colors. In my painting I mixed my colors together to make more than three.
  • Masking tape or Painter's tape. These can be any size since they can be cut to the size you want, but I used two different widths.

Step 1:

Using your different colors, paint broad strokes covering the canvas. It doesn't have to be perfect. The more uneven the better. Try to avoid having the same colors touch, other than that...go crazy. Don't forget to paint the edges!

Step 2:

Once the colors have finished drying, tape a reoccurring pattern over the top. The spaces between tapes will depend on how thick you want your pattern to be.

Step 3:

Once you have finished taping, use a color that you haven't used yet to paint over the un-taped places. This can be a lighter or darker color. If you are worried about this paint getting under the tape, then to make sure your tape has a better seal give your painting a day to dry before taping. I was in a hurry so I taped after a few hours. 

Step 4:

Once that layer of paint has dried (the fun begins) remove your tapes. Enjoy the masterpiece that you just created in only a few easy steps!

Tada...this is my finished piece in it's new home. See why it's called a Color Pop now?



Do you have any easy DIY projects that you know can be done? I'd love to hear about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The reason I took up blogging was to make new friends and share my stories. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...