Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Quote to Live By


I try to live my life by a lot of quotes. I adore quotes. There is a beauty and power in words that is lost in many other art forms. The quote I probably try to live by most is ...
"The past has nothing new to say."
I beat myself up a lot mentally (Who doesn't?). It happens whenever I sit still for long periods of time, mostly when I'm driving. For a long time I would just sit there and take the self inflicted mental abuse and relive really embarrassing things about my life without control. Then I read this quote. Now, whenever I'm struggling I recite to myself "The past has nothing new to say, the past has NOTHING new to say." until it passes. Because you know what? I've learned my lessons from the past and there is no sense reliving them just to make myself feel bad. I wish I knew who to credit for this life changing quote so I could thank them, but when I found the quote it didn't have an author.

It's something I live by because I deserve to be a stronger person for myself.

Another quote that I strive to make a goal in my life is,

"I hope you live a live you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

I hope that these quotes can mean something to you too. Do you have any "life changing" quotes? Please share them. I'm always looking for ones to live my life by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The reason I took up blogging was to make new friends and share my stories. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...