Friday, February 28, 2014

Faith is Not a Security Blanket

I know a lot of people say "I have Faith that it's going to happen" or "As long as I have Faith it'll be okay" but I feel like those people are just using Faith as a way of saying "Somebody else has got this."

No, you have got this.  If there are things that you want, go out and get them. If you want to travel the world, go out and buy a plane ticket. I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but what ever deity you follow did not create you to just sit there and wait for everything to happen. I know mine didn't.



As humans we were not made to be idle. We weren't made to stay in one place just to hope everything we ever wanted will come to us. Be inspired. Do things you love. Help some one who really needs you. Most importantly be there for the ones you love.

Faith is not a security blanket. Faith was made to give you a push to do the unexpected. It was made to say "I'll be here when you fail, so that you have the courage to try again." Faith is something beautiful, like the sunset in your favorite place. It's something crazy, like buying a plane ticket to somewhere you've never been. It is not what's keeping you still. That's all you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The reason I took up blogging was to make new friends and share my stories. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...