Wednesday, February 26, 2014

OHMYGOSH! What are you wearing!?!

In less than a month I will be seeing AND meeting Pentatonix. To say I need to be dressed perfectly is an understatement. This is what I'm wearing!


I was going for a kind of "AVI PLEASE FALL IN LOVE WITH ME" look. I think I probably nailed it!


Let's Start with the Dress

I'll be wearing a black shift dress with lace on top very similar to the one above. It's classy and demure and does absolutely nothing for my voluptuous shape. Not only do my hips not lie, but they also scream to be heard. So to help my hips out I added a nude waist belt to give the dress some shape.

I can Explain the Shoes...

My style kind of says "I'll wear anything as long as my converse go with it." I've been to a few live concerts in my day. Some were sit down, and some were just standing room only. The thing I never regretted was wearing comfortable shoes. Don't judge me.

The Hair...oh the Hair

I assure you I can explain the hair too. I couldn't go completely classy with the beautiful dress, understated belt and ENTIRELY appropriate shoes. I had to shake things up a bit. I'm going for a braided faux hawk here. Also, note where it says "In Temporary Blue." That's because I will be venturing into the world of chalking my ends that night as well. Wish me luck! 

Face Paint!

I kid of course...face paint would be just too much. My make-up will be pretty understated as well to show off my hair. I'll be using my CoverGirl Outlast 3 in 1 Foundation, very light and natural eye shadow (probably something like this), and a light shade of red on my lips. I got a fabulous Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter today in Cherry Tart that I think will work just fine.

Don't Leave the House Until You Look like a Nerd

I won't be heading to the concert without my trusty Matt Smith as Eleven phone case. No outfit is complete without a little nerdiness.

I hope you enjoyed my outfit overview. Let me know if you'd like to see anymore like this in the future.


Here's a special treat! Pentatonix's new video/cover Say Something.

(I apologize if you are viewing this on an Apple product and cannot see the video. You're missing out, and I provided a link above.)

How would you dress for a concert? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The reason I took up blogging was to make new friends and share my stories. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...