I am addicted to Lush Cosmetics. I love everything about their products. Our introduction was made while abroad last summer. I blame my very lovely travel companion and my favorite beauty YouTubers for all of their influence.
You can check out Lush Cosmetics here and learn about all of the great things they are doing through their products. Hint: It's not just making you feel good.
This post is a complete list of my current collection, and what's to come. I'll give you a review of each product and if I loved or hated it. I hope to inspire the same enjoyment in others.
Note: This is a completely unsponsored post. I bought all of these products or got them as gifts. They're all worth it.
1. Tender is the Night: Massage BarI bought this one in my local Lush (Nashville) store. After going through and smell testing each massage bar individually, the scent of this bar was undeniable. Although meant to be used by more than one person I use my massage bar on my arms and legs after a hard day. This massage bar melts instantly on contact with skin and glides on like butter. It's so nice to fall asleep smelling wonderful.
2. Sympathy for the Skin: Hand and Body LotionThis is probably my favorite Lush product. It came in a gift set that I got for Christmas. If you're anything like me your hands start to fall apart during cold months. They're probably really dry and rough, or in extreme cases cracked. This lotion can fix that. It smells wonderful (like bananas) and magically turns any dehydrated skin into silky smooth baby skin. I can't say enough good things about it.
Although I have the smallest pot, I have used it almost every night on my hands. So far I haven't even made a dent in the product. It lasts a long time.
3. Sparkly Pumpkin: Bubble BarIn case you can't tell, mine is chopped in half. I believe in getting as much as you can for your money. This bubble bar is soft and sparkly. It will turn your bath water orange and cover every inch of your tub in bubbles.
4. Yog Nog: SoapAs you can see this one is still in the wrapping. (Not for long.) This soap is next on the chopping block. Lush does not disappoint with their soaps. Every one smells uniquely different and equally as yummy. Their soaps have a wonderful lather without dissolving quickly. My last soap bar was Honey I Washed the Kids and it lasted for over a month.
5. Honey Trap: Lip BalmGranted Honey Trap is a little pricy for a lip balm, but when I say it's worth it believe me. I have used this lip balm for just under a month and barely any product is gone. It's very moisturizing and it lasts. You won't feel the need to keep re-applying.
6. Butterball: Bath BombI've been saving this bath bomb for a special occasion. It smells like a vanilla-y heaven and I can't wait to use it on a relaxing Sunday in the future. Word of caution: Bath bombs are not bubble bars. I know that seems pretty self explanatory but just learn from my mistakes. If you want a bath that's bubbly and smells great go ahead and combine them with a bubble bar.
7. Butterbear: Bath BombUnfortunately this little guy came beheaded in the package. He's very similar in smell to the Butterball bath bomb but with a Christmas-y flair. He's reserved for a very special "extra relaxing" day.
8. Jumping Juniper: Shampoo BarCan you be physically in love with a shampoo? No? Well I'm pretty close. I started at the end of last year trying to use more organic products on my hair. That's when I decided to try the Shampoo Bars from Lush. Jumping Juniper is a re-purchase. I loved it so much the first time, it's become my go-to shampoo. My last bar lasted over two-months on my medium length hair and the lather is something from fairy tales. Just rub it a few times over your hair and you have more lather than a handful of regular shampoo.
9. The Sunblock: Solid Sunscreen WashFor my American readers this one is a little unfortunate. This product is only available in the UK. Due to Lush's refusal to test on animals it doesn't meet US standards and is not available in the US.
However, this product is certainly amazing and worth the spontaneous trip to England. This sunblock is a 30 SPF. It is meant to be applied in the shower by wetting your skin and applying a light layer all over the body. I used it by wetting the bar and rubbing over any areas I was afraid of getting sunburned.
If you're asking if it works, the answer is yes. I took it on vacation to Tybee island. I used The Sunblock as my main form of UV protection and supplemented with a higher SPF sunscreen where needed. I am happy to announce I spent the entire trip sunburn free.
10. Snow Fairy: Shower GelSnow fairy comes every Christmas to Lush. It's a super sweet smell mixed with loads of sparkle.
The thing I love most about Lush's shower gels is that they are perfect for traveling. A lovely Lush worker I met in London told me that shower gels can be used as body washes as well as shampoos and she was completely right. I keep a couple of these around and whenever I pack for a trip I throw them in my bag along with a conditioner and I'm ready to go. You can see from the picture that Snow Fairy has already been on a few trips with me.
11. Hot Toddy: Shower GelAnother unopened goody that I expect nothing but the best from. This shower gel has a more cinnamon spicy smell that reminds you of the winter months.
12. Cozy Christmas: Knot WrapI had been trying for a while to snag one of these nifty wraps. Luckily my mother was able to get me a gift set that included one for Christmas. This wrap was made from two recycled plastic bottles and is deceptively soft. You would never have guessed it was made from plastic. I can't wait to use it to wrap up my goodies for trips, or in my hair next Christmas. The possibilities really are endless.
Here is a short video to give you a closer look.
If you aren't completely sick of my raving reviews of Lush products then keep reading, otherwise you can stop here. Now I'm going to tell you about what's to come.
Lush is currently having a BOGO sale on what's left of their Christmas stuff. They often have sales on limited edition holiday items so keep checking their website. Currently I'm waiting for two pots of Celebrate body lotion, one Snow Cake soap, and one Gold Fun Bar. All of those came to a total of $14.90 before shipping. For Lush that's a STEAL. I can't wait to try them out when they come and I promise to update you on whether they were worth the hype or not.
I hope you enjoyed my collection and review. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask or go to a store near you. I promise once you go Lushie you never go back, and if you're in the mood to watch my Fall Lush Haul you can see me obsess over Lush products in moving pictures here.