Sunday, July 19, 2015

See the World from the Woods

My summers are always jam packed with adventures. This summer I've spent a grand total of ten days at home. 

This was a big year for me. I finished my first year at my big girl job and I got a house. What all this means is that my budget was MUCH smaller than usual. So in an effort to be adaptable I decided to stay in North America and see the world like I never have before....by hiking it. The trip plan was to start in Vancouver then hike all the national parks along our route. We started in Garibaldi Provincial Park, then Deception Pass State Park, Seattle (to be touristy), Olympic National Park, and finished off with Mount Rainier. 

After 10 days of miles, mountains, and ocean shores I've learned a few things.

1. Take a chance and go off the beaten path. My favorite part of the entire trip wasn't even supposed to happen. We got into town a little early on that day so we did some exploring and stumbled upon some of the most beautiful bays I've ever seen.


2. Dont under estimate what you can accomplish. Climbing mountains is something I thought I'd never do. With the help of my companions and lots of bribery I made it up two mountains!


This is what it felt like.


3. You need to "wing-it" at least once in your life. Except for our first two nights, hotels came when and where we could find them. There was panic definitely more than once, but it all worked out.


4. Stop and look at the trees. You can take this metaphorically or literally. Either way, I promise you won't be disappointed.




5. Always appreciate the little things. They're what you remember the most.













P.s. Excuse all the different picture sizes. This post is brought to you from my iPad.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The reason I took up blogging was to make new friends and share my stories. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...