Sunday, October 5, 2014

DIY Halloween Window Clings

I've made it a new life resolution of mine to start celebrating holidays. So first up is Halloween. I found this insanely simple craft on.....you guessed it, Pinterest. So if you'd like to find out how I made these cuties just keep scrolling, scrolling,...scrolling.



What you will need:

  • Templates (Mine are just print outs of Halloween clip art)
  • Puffy paint in your desired colors
  • Parchment paper
  • Paint brush *optional*

Step 1:

Decide what design you are using, lay it on a flat surface and cover with parchment paper. You may want to secure it with tape to keep everything still.

Step 2:

Once everything is secure start by painting the outline. Let this sit for a couple of hours to harden. 

Tip: The longer it has to harden the easier it is to fill in.


Step 3:

Fill in the rest of your color. You can either apply it straight from the bottle or like I did. I used a paint brush to spread out the paint. Keep in mind the thinner the layer of paint the harder it is to peel of without ripping.

Step 4:

Let it dry over night. It is easiest to peel off the parchment paper when it is 100% dry. Once peeled off you are all done! The side that was not stuck to the parchment paper is the side that will stick to the window.


This is a great project for any holiday and it can be stored and reused each year. I hope you enjoyed and try it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The reason I took up blogging was to make new friends and share my stories. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...