Sunday, April 26, 2015

Life Update



Hello everyone!

The other day I was going through my old posts and came across my New Year's Goals. To my surprise I've already accomplished a couple of things on my list. So it's definitely time I give the blog a little life update.

House

I have one! It's true, I am now a homeowner. What's even better is my house is finally finished being made liveable! I will now start the tedious process of moving my limited belongings in and trying to decorate on an almost non-existent budget. Fun things will be coming soon.

Job

I am *almost* done with my first full year of teaching in the same place. I've been teaching for a couple of years now, but mostly going where I was needed while I worked my way through my gap year. This year I accepted a big girl position that required me to make a full commitment (something I've never been good at.) I've definitely had a lot of ups and downs, but I'm glad I've stuck it out. There's about one more month until I will have officially made it and then there is the process of finding out if I'll be asked to come back next year. No matter what, this has been an amazing experience.

Pet

No pets yet. I know I said I'd be getting either a puppy or a kitten once I moved into my house, but it's been put on hold. The reason why is I will be traveling quite a bit this summer. So instead of getting a pet just in time to leave it for weeks a time, I will be putting it on hold until the beginning of the next school year when I can love and prepare for it properly.

Love

Still no updates in this area. Shocking right? I'm honestly just trying to survive day to day so this will be more of a focus during the summer. I actually downloaded the app Tinder to my old iPhone in an attempt to woman up and control my own destiny. Believe me, I know it's not the classiest of apps but I thought it was a good place to start. It turns out I'm too much of a pansy to turn it on. I'm truly terrified someone I know will find my profile and then tell everyone I work with. This area of my life is a constant work in process.

You

I hope this update is finding you well. How are your goals for 2015 coming along? I really want to hear how everyone is doing. We're a family here and it's definitely okay to over share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The reason I took up blogging was to make new friends and share my stories. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...