Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Cure for Everything

Painting should be the next Olympic sport. No really. I've spent two consecutive weekends painting and updating my "soon to be" kitchen. I'm exhausted, I can't lift my arm above my waist, and I clearly do not have the stamina to be a professional painter. All that aside I'm getting more and more excited everyday for this next part of my life. It's a tad overwhelming, but totally worth it.

Now that I'm home and achy all over it's time to pull out my cure-all remedy. I'm talking a hot cup of wonderfully spicy vanilla tea, and it's time I share this life changing recipe with everyone.

The Perfect Cup of Tea

Pick your favorite mug and fill it almost to the top with water. Then dump the water into a pot and set the stove on high to boil. While the water is heating add two peppercorns or if you're using a grinder, three twists of the grinder. If you're like me and you view life as The Spicier the Better three full twists...maybe four is best. Next find the best smelling cinnamon stick you can get your hands on and add it to the pot. Take out a teaspoon and measure out 1/4 Ginger and 1/4 Nutmeg into the water.

Let this amazing smelling concoction boil for five minutes. Once the torturous time has passed turn off the oven and add two bags of your favorite tea. Mine is Twinning's Earl Grey. While you're at it (to sweeten the pot...literally) add three teaspoons of brown sugar and one teaspoon of vanilla.

Once you've let the sugar and sweetness co-exist with your life changing tea for five additionally excruciating minutes, get your cup ready. Add your desired amount of milk to the bottom of the cup, and pour your tea over a strainer into the cup. Once you've fished your well used cinnamon stick from the pot add it to your cup to double as a stirring implement and aroma therapy. Now...very carefully, sit down and relax. The last part is very important.

Enjoy!

This recipe is borrowed and modified from the amazing Estée from essiebutton.com. You can see her Vanilla Chai Latte recipe here. Her recipe and tea are absolutely fantastic!



If you enjoyed this you will love my Tea Cup post. You can see it here!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The reason I took up blogging was to make new friends and share my stories. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...