Wednesday, April 2, 2014

DIY Travel Magnets

I did it again....another Pinterest Win and this one is even easier than the last.

If you're like me you have a ton of currency left over from your last trip. If not, maybe you have a really boss coin collection that you've been wanting to show off. Keeping them locked in a box or sitting in a drawer won't do them justice. Here is a VERY easy DIY magnet project I found on Pinterest. It takes less than five minutes and half as many supplies.


If you want to learn how I made these ridiculously easy and very chic magnets...just keep scrolling, scrolling, scrolling.


What you will need:

  • Coins (of your choosing)
  • Magnetic buttons - Found in the craft aisle of Walmart or basically any craft store.
  • Craft glue *optional*

Step 1:

Find small round magnets that are approximately the size of your coins or smaller. These magnets can have an adhesive back on them already (like the ones below) or you can glue the magnets to the back of your coins. Then choose the coins you would like to turn into magnets.



Step 2:

Attach magnets to one side of the coin in the center. For mine I did one on the back of a coin and one on the front of a coin, as I had two of each.



Step 3:

That's it! Find the perfect place to show off your new awesome magnets!


I hope you found this to be and easy an fun DIY project. If you make some of your own I'd love to see pictures!


2 comments:

  1. I like that idea. We have lots of those coins from different countries lying around. Don't want to get rid of them. I might try this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Beside this being the easiest craft I've ever done, I love that you can undo it if you ever need the coins again.

      Delete

The reason I took up blogging was to make new friends and share my stories. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...